“Good morning. Welcome to the (Name of your Chapter) Chapter of Professional Referral Exchange. My name is (Your name, I’m the ) (Your business category in the Chapter) for this Chapter and its President. We begin our meeting by reading our Mission Statement. I’ve asked (Name a member) to read it today”
Overall Duties of the President:
- Presides over meetings and activities of the Chapter.
- Opens weekly meetings at THE AGREED UPON TIME promptly. It is important to begin your meeting AT THE SAME TIME EACH WEEK, ON TIME!
- Follows a structured meeting procedure. (Area Director periodically evaluates how well Chapter follows format.)
- Chairs all board meetings held minimally on a monthly basis with the Area Director attending these meetings with minutes recorded by Chapter Sec’y.
- Assumes responsibility for (or appoints persons to) committee positions that have not yet been appointed by the Chapter organizing Director. Re-appoints officers or committee chairs in accordance with PRE Organization By-Laws.
- Oversees the responsibilities of other board members and committee chairs.
- Names Glad Hander at each meeting.
- Handles guest conflicts during introductions.
- Makes member announcements. (open houses, etc.)
- Concludes the meeting promptly.